ZackYoung-SW

Update - November 2016

43 posts in this topic

Hey backers,

We want to address all of your comments, thoughts, and worries in one big update, along with the latest news on our progress.

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to deliver the ShiftWear sneakers in December as we had originally planned. Creating a wearable tech project is immensely challenging and working with multiple parties has been something we’ve been learning to master. We’d love to give you an exact date, but it’s important to work with our partners to finalize our timeline first.

We can assure you we will not turn into an indiegogo project which takes 3+ years to deliver (or fail to deliver at all). We love the opportunity you’ve given us to create these shoes and we’ll continue to find unconventional and nontraditional means to produce this awesome product, in the shortest time possible. Our biggest priority is to ensure the quality of this product is not sacrificed.

For us it is about the right partnerships and execution to ensure we end up successfully launching and satisfying you as the end user, especially our loyal backers. We are dead set on creating a sneaker that will allow you to display high-quality, high-definition, crisp images and designs. We believe this will offer users more in terms of what they can do with it. This process will inevitably take longer than developing a low resolution product.

Where are we with the product development?

Our footwear prototype is in final stages and we’ve been working on the cosmetics so it can be unveiled next month. Our mobile app is in its beta form and is going through bug testing.

Will you be opening pre-orders again?*

Next month we’ll be releasing a new website showcasing the design & features of the final prototype. On the website you’ll also be able to pre-order and join the community.

*Note: We won’t be accepting any new pre-orders until we’ve published media and filmed content of the working prototypes.

When can we see prototype images?

Next month on our new website we’ll be posting a variety of real images of the working prototype. We’ll also be posting this content on our community.

Some of you have commented on wanting other options of ShiftWear shoes – i.e an all-black or all-white version. We’ve got plenty of plans to release things like this, so don’t worry :) We’ll be taking your feedback on board as we go as well. We’ve also got additional features lined up for the sneakers which we haven’t announced to the public yet.

We’re also very excited to announce that in early 2017, you’ll be able to own a piece of Shiftwear Corp with an investment from as low as $100. You’ll be able to own a piece of the industry and benefit from our growth & success. More information to be released in January, if you’d like to stay updated please join our newsletter (signup can be found on our website).

Finally, we can’t say enough how much we value your support and patience. We know we haven’t been great at communicating and there’s only so many times that we can apologize for this. None of this would of been possible without your support and we’ll be revealing some exclusive rewards in 2017 for our Indiegogo backers.

Thanks,

Zack

7 people like this

Keep up the hard work, I can only imagine how stressful it would be to start a new company and have everyone breathing down your neck as you're trying to complete the product and talk to different manufacturing companies.

5 people like this

@Seth Gardner Thanks Seth, we really appreciate the support of those that are being patient with us ^_^ We can't wait to finally unveil to you what all the hard work has resulted in!

2 people like this

Well, good luck with the final stage of this cool idea.
I´ve said it before, and I´ll try again :)  You should release templates for us designers to start working on ideas, specially for animations which can take time to produce, it´d be nice to have a first template to try stuff or at least know some of the technical requirements. A simple After Effects template would be very helpful.
Thanks

1 person likes this

@RafaelVamp We want to release templates and design specs as soon as possible so you guys can start designing, so don't worry there :) As soon as the software is completed and the specs are finalised we'll release all of this information for you :)

2 people like this

Zack. As long as you do keep us posted frequently, I am sure we'll all understand (though you should create a refund program for those who simply do not wish to wait any longer, it's only fair). Apparently, you killed the tiger and now you are scared of the skin! The flexible screen was a bit to young for your ambitious project (no even Samsung has been able to produce the Galaxy 8 concept just yet) , and perhaps it has overwhelmed you. Bottom line, I as one, will stick to your project because I believe it's a fantastic concept, but please keep in touch.

If an all black option is presented, is it possible for us to switch from our current backer orders?

Can't wait to see the prototype in the very near future, OMG  I can feel them already! :D

Also these regular update are definitely helping the :shiftwear: community feel that progress is actually happening.

Haters gonna hate but the look on their faces will be priceless when these kicks reach final form.

keep up the good work peeps.

Sk1tZo  :shiftwear::ph34r:

2 people like this

From the first time I saw the vedio about the shoes, I am in loved with it. As long as the result shows what we except, I think most of the people will be glad about that. Just keep working on it.

1 person likes this

Take your time and make it perfect, last thing I want is to shell out 400$ and wait a year only to have the final product not live up to the lofty ambitions you outlined during the fund raising phase. Patience is a virtue after all, keep the updates coming!

I cannot say that I haven't been worried. In fact I still have my concerns regarding fit of the shoes.

However, like most here, I am extremely excited to get these and willing to wait for them to be right.

Keep it up and we'll keep the faith!

Thank you for the update. I cannot wait to see the actual footage of the prototype shoe. Take your time to make it a wonderful product. 

Your communication to all of us in this process is perfect. There is nothing wrong with it. Everyone understands perfectly how many time and effort it cost to develop a new product like this. Your company is in the field of communication a great example for other companies in the world.  

I am pleased to see the progress of the project and I think if one finances In indigogo it is Just pay to allow designers Like you to make our dreams a reality.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Yan

We have believed in you, keep hold on! ??

1 person likes this

Good luck with the last stages! Keep on pushing through; when you finish you'll look at your accomplishments and all the hard work and effort will be worth it. I can't wait to rock these incredible shoes! 

2 people like this

Hi I sent you an Email earlier  about changing my shipment information. But I dont receive any feedback yet

How sad,  you won't meet the  deadline that you have promised to those who have funded this project.  I am in this group.  An  early  indiegogo  supporter.  I have already given you  my money  and here is another politely worded excuse.  Asking the  "community"  to be confident that things just need more time.  Well I hope that is a  true statement. I have no other alternative at this point.  You have our  dollars, I really hope that this project is going to become a reality.   I am skeptical but maybe I  am wrong.  Hopefully I'm  not  - $250.oo  at the end of all this.  Please keep this site updated with real information for those like me.  

New update but the same language once again promises have not been fulfilled and again a delay for another month.

I'm sorry but I'm losing more and more trust in you. Unfortunately nothing else left to do than continue to wait and I hope to be disappointed not again in one month and it shows us what we all wait !

Hope dies last !

21 hours ago, Drigz said:

If an all black option is presented, is it possible for us to switch from our current backer orders?

@Drigz Sure! Just send an email to support@shiftwear.com and we will take care of you, no problem :)

6 hours ago, ye li said:

Hi I sent you an Email earlier  about changing my shipment information. But I dont receive any feedback yet

@ye li Could you please email support@shiftwear.com. Thank you.

@UserXS @jolly67 We'll keep you updated as we go along, please just bear with us a little longer - we're at the final stages now.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:11 PM, UserXS said:

How sad,  you won't meet the  deadline that you have promised to those who have funded this project.  I am in this group.  An  early  indiegogo  supporter.  I have already given you  my money  and here is another politely worded excuse.  Asking the  "community"  to be confident that things just need more time.  Well I hope that is a  true statement. I have no other alternative at this point.  You have our  dollars, I really hope that this project is going to become a reality.   I am skeptical but maybe I  am wrong.  Hopefully I'm  not  - $250.oo  at the end of all this.  Please keep this site updated with real information for those like me.  

Probably you don't have that much experience with crowdfunding projects. 9 out of 10 tries hard to accomplish their goals but also 9 out of 10 will not make their estimated deadline. Also read that it's an estimated date, so accomplishing around (with a few months) this date is already very successful. But also what the start up company wants is to bring a quality product on the market and also to their backers. There are just a few projects that also were funded (whether Indiegogo or Kickstarter) that met their funds but somehow just disappeared after a while and fled with the money or just couldn't realize the whole operation. My experience for now was only of SIGMO for $50 in 2013. All other projects that I backed are still trustful for now (for 1 project I am still waiting over 3 years now, but they were just started in November to supply to US only backers and not the international backers yet from which I am one of). So just be hopeful that it all goes well.

Edited by Corragio

I just hope that when it all starts to begin that our sizes will be confirmed again or checked twice. My experience with shoes is that I have 43 EU size but with different brands it's a bit different as well. K-Swiss is 43 EU (US 10) ok for me but Adidas will be 43 1/3 EU.
If I check the general comparison sizes of feet (EU, US, UK and such) from women and men I read different sizes the graphics on the internet tell me, so that's the only thing that concerns me a little bit. So I don't want to walk with unique shoes and have much space inside so it walks uncomfortable.

Edited by Corragio